I feel, having its own library adds a bit more to 'load' to React. Think of React as HTML with some extra functions.
In this way, you see HTML could be styled with plain CSS classes or with frameworks like Tailwind, Bootstrap and the like. Same as React (Only it has some extra styling options which you mentioned above). You could stick to plain CSS or learn something like Tailwind which works the same across all systems and that's it. No need to learn all of the styling systems
Besides, what's stopping your from just using vanilla CSS?
<div className="class1 class2" />
Nice dude it was so helpful.
Now, I've wondered, how we can have a User Interface without styles?
This is where I'm asking that-- why doesn't React have an in-built styling System where we can directly style our React Components without using third party tools like Styled Components, Emotion, Aphrodite, Linaria and so on?
You see, Web Development has become too complex and too complicated because there's just too much to learn to create a simple thing as User Interface.
Can React make Components styling an in-built React feature?
React's philosophy is to focus on providing a core set of features for building user interfaces and leaving styling to be handled by external tools and libraries. This is because styling is a complex and ever-evolving aspect of web development, and there are many different approaches and tools available to handle it.
By not providing an in-built styling system, React allows developers to choose the styling solution that best fits their needs and preferences. This way, developers can use the same styling solution across multiple projects and can easily switch to a different solution if needed.
However, if you prefer an in-built styling solution, there are other libraries and frameworks that provide this, such as Vue.js and Angular. These frameworks have built-in styling systems that allow developers to style components directly without using external libraries.
Ultimately, it is up to the individual developer and project requirements to choose the best approach for styling React components.
Related Issues (20)
- [DevTools Bug] Cannot add child "1161" to parent "942" because parent node was not found in the Store. HOT 5
- When a state is update the whole component is getting Re-rendered instead it should Re-render only those element where the updated state is used HOT 1
- Bug: `useEffect()` is called with incorrect context in strict mode HOT 1
- Bug: Unexpected Suspense SSR Component Behavior with useSyncExternalStore in React 18.3.0-next: Rerender and Fallback State Issues
- Bug: State inside custom hook is always undefined, but is present/defined outside.
- High Security Vulnerability found in the dependency Minimist HOT 2
- hahaha react HOT 1
- Bug: HOT 3
- TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '_internalRoot') HOT 1
- [DevTools Bug]: copy operations don't work in Chrome HOT 4
- Suggestion: [eslint-plugin-react-hooks] - should not warn/error when RefObject/MutableRefObject passed from outside hook
- Is there any roadmap to enable the detection of iframes in React devtools? HOT 4
- Update react devtools readme - The React Tab Doesn't Show Up - CSP HOT 2
- Bug: Elements in ErrorBoundary are created twice, one of them becomes an orphan
- [eslint-plugin-react-hooks] New rule to enforce lazy initialization for `useState` HOT 2
- Bug: window.location.search is stale value and not synchronized with useLocation().search HOT 4
- Suggest adding Chinese to the new version of the official website HOT 3
An Open Source Machine Learning Framework for Everyone
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.
A PHP framework for web artisans
Bring data to life with SVG, Canvas and HTML. 📊📈🎉
Some thing interesting about web. New door for the world.
A server is a program made to process requests and deliver data to clients.
Machine learning is a way of modeling and interpreting data that allows a piece of software to respond intelligently.
Some thing interesting about visualization, use data art
Some thing interesting about game, make everyone happy.
We are working to build community through open source technology. NB: members must have two-factor auth.
Open source projects and samples from Microsoft.
Google ❤️ Open Source for everyone.
Alibaba Open Source for everyone
Data-Driven Documents codes.
China tencent open source team.