Indeed. This is deceptive and you got a really bad error message. We need to fix that (amongst other things).
Right now scripts need to be prefixed with a docblock to assist the transformer. The fact that it's missing here is causing it to not recognize that it should be converting to JSX. We very much want to fix this ASAP. Sorry that it's causing you issues!
In the mean time, just prefixing your code with this docblock should fix your problem. Please close this out if it does.
/** * @jsx React.DOM */
or the condensed version will work too
/** @jsx React.DOM */
This works, thanks tremendously.
Meet this problem too. Maybe it should be warned in the documentation.
Follow up: we've updated to stress this in several places. Hopefully it's okay now.
wow, took me a while to track this down . Can we just fix this the right way?
I'd like to change the default file extension to
.jsx and then transform JSX regardless of if the docblock is present; see #832.
Tried with new version .11.rc, seems no fix in this version! Am I missing something?<script src="http://fb.me/react-0.11.0-rc1.js"></script> <script src="http://fb.me/JSXTransformer-0.11.0-rc1.js"></script>
@NSAKHAN It's not supposed to work (right now), you're trying to return multiple components for the root, you can only return one.
EDIT: Oh wait, this was for the docblock, you need to add
/** @jsx React.DOM */ at the top of your files.
Related Issues (20)
- Add in-built styling capability of React Components HOT 3
- Is there any way you can provide a code sample that reproduces the problem? That error should only occur if there's a bug in React, so it'd be very helpful if we could reproduce.
- Bug: HOT 1
- form fields with different type but no key get reused when re-rendering HOT 3
- [DevTools Bug]: HOT 1
- Bug: forwardRef provides an empty object as ref, causing `can't define property "current"` error.
- Bug: HOT 2
- unable to run examples in React tictactoe tutorial HOT 4
- Bug: React css module class name generation doesn't work HOT 1
- Bug: `react-dom-webpack-server` bundles are currently broken on `main` HOT 6
- Bug: Changes made to an array in useState also affect its copy HOT 3
- RSC: How to realize shared code with client-specific execution results
- [DevTools Bug]: 'Unable to find React on the page' in incognito on Firefox HOT 1
- eslint react-hooks/rulesOfHooks: add rule to check for non-function return from useEffect HOT 2
- [DevTools Bug] Cannot add child "1161" to parent "942" because parent node was not found in the Store.
- When a state is update the whole component is getting Re-rendered instead it should Re-render only those element where the updated state is used HOT 1
An Open Source Machine Learning Framework for Everyone
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.
A PHP framework for web artisans
Bring data to life with SVG, Canvas and HTML. 📊📈🎉
Some thing interesting about web. New door for the world.
A server is a program made to process requests and deliver data to clients.
Machine learning is a way of modeling and interpreting data that allows a piece of software to respond intelligently.
Some thing interesting about visualization, use data art
Some thing interesting about game, make everyone happy.
We are working to build community through open source technology. NB: members must have two-factor auth.
Open source projects and samples from Microsoft.
Google ❤️ Open Source for everyone.
Alibaba Open Source for everyone
Data-Driven Documents codes.
China tencent open source team.